Pages

Jun 29, 2009

Danger Mouse And Sparklehorse

Ironically, after the test, a friend started up a lengthy conversation when he turned to me and began, "Paul. I've learned women love confidence. More then looks, more then money, more then anything. You catch their eye with confidence."

We talked for a long time about this, and I'm inclined to agree. In fact, I suggested in many ways attracting women is a rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer scenario. Many men, I'm guilty, find confidence when they attract a woman. That confidence can attract more women, which attracts more women, until, theoretically, 3 billion women are knocking on your door. A prime case of the rich in confidence getting richer.

However, those who languish without a lady are beaten down, and lose confidence. This which repels more women, which repels even more women, until, theoretically, 3 billion women banish you to the Galapagos Islands. The poor in confidence become poorer.

Now, here's an interesting observation, which'll (which will) provide a social confidence rollercoaster! When'I'g't (when I go out), I appear disinterested in women. I make jokes, and listen, but ask for a number or offer a "we should hang out again!"? No. Never. Primarily, because of my gripping deepdownpeopledespisemephobia.

Now, here's the interesting bit o' opinion: another friend once suggested, "Paul [all my friends seem to begin conversations with my name], the reason you get so many women [his words, not mine] is you don't act like you need the women." Ha! Truth is, that disinterest is really a lack of social confidence. So, being disinterested, women approach, and you'd think a bevy of beauties would raise my confidence, and it does....for a bit. My self confidence then sinks.....and then rises...and then sinks. I've included a graph:


It's quite peculiar. My history reads like a Charlie Brown t-shirt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment