Pages

May 18, 2009

Cheetah


There's something in the water today; some seize-the-day-and-you-can-achieve-your-life-dreams additive in the water. Within the span of a couple hours I read two very encouraging pieces, each focusing on individuals who pursued their dreams; despite-the-odds journalism is always fun.

The first story spotlights Marc Price, a part time director and full time courier who filmed his movie for 45 pounds, and the film has the honor of premiering at Cannes Film Festival later this week.

The second piece concerns Mark DeFelice, a reliever for the Milwaukee Brewers whose MLB success at 32 is pretty inspiring.

If you need a pick me up, some ra-ra-you-can-do-it cheer, I suggest you get reading.


(I have no idea if I used the hyphen appropriately. I could have very well shown-my-ignorance-and-lost-my-very-loyal-grammar-Nazi-reading-contingent.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment