Pages

Jan 14, 2009

The Blues Brothers


Yes Man, Carrey's most recent comedy, taught me a very important lesson; the Universe has a way of balancing, of reestablishing equilibrium. You see, this past weekend I was elated, buoyed by two incredible films, Gran Torino and Slumdog Millionaire. Truly pitch perfect, well crafted films. I was overcome with happiness, emotionally high... and then I saw Yes Man. Yes Man... how do I put this... is like riding a rocket past sadness, through depression, and slamming into despair. While Eastwood carries an entire film, Carey can't entertain for 2 consecutive minutes. I was suffering. For 90 minutes, I was suffering

When I get too happy, the Universe setttles me down. I have achieved balance.

2 comments:

ElaEuphoria said...

Poor Yes Man and it's sad, biased link.

Mi Thoughts said...

I think you mean, "poor audience, and accurate link."

Post a Comment