Pages

Nov 20, 2009

Go Forth and Multiply...If It Looks Like Stefanie Meyer

I'm not sure how I feel about the most recent cover to sell the book Wuthering Heights:


It's been Twilighted! It looks something that fits snugly into the Stefanie Myer book cover collection:


The publishers are even using fictional characters to push a real book. Check out the upper right corner of the Wuthering Heights book:


The classic doesn't even sell itself! The publishers need angst ridden teens who don't even exist to help sell copies. Like I said, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Actually, yes I do. I know how I feel. I'm going to go cup half full and applaud the publishers. At least, they're trying to sell the book. They know the market, and the market wants Meyer. A little external Meyerfication never hurt if the classic is still breathing underneath.

0 comments:

Post a Comment