Pages

May 20, 2009

Blue-Ringed Octopus


Last week, I watched the The Biggest Loser finale. I was working out, and it seemed like appropriate motivation. It didn't motivate me, but it did get me thinking. What do they do with all that extra skin?

Go with me on this. Those contestants lose a %$#@ ton of weight over....what....16 weeks? I'm sure halving your weight in four months turns your skin into silly putty. Where you once needed skin to cover that voluminous body, it's now needless, and just hanging around, literally. Unattractive blankets of skin! Do they all have surgery to remove the excess skin?

Now, while the finale finished up, I wondered, is extra skin profitable? Can you sell it to burn victims? I know if you're burnt there are options to graft skin, but I'm sure many people might opt for another's skin. Why graft if you can buy!

I wonder if skin can keep for awhile on ice. That'll give the contestants time to shop it around to hospitals. Of course, Helen won't need the extra cash.

0 comments:

Post a Comment