Pages

May 1, 2009

Anaconda


Have you been to Sacramento? Have you been to our "International" airport? Have you marveled at the bird sculptures? Of course you haven't. They're *%$#@!% ugly.

They're also a waste of money. Well, correction, highlighting them is. You see, every night the Sacramento International Airport, spotlights the birds, literally. Each bird has four spotlights:



What a waste of electricity. Is there nothing better they can spend money on then lighting up airport blight?

2 comments:

cd said...

I think they are beautiful, interesting, relevant art. At least they have something to do with their location. Just like the stained glass in Terminal A. My guess is that development here carries a 1% rule as it does in most mid-major metro areas: 1% of the budget must be spent on public art. I think this is a great thing, even if the results don't suit everyone's taste. Sometimes, it's good when we - as a public - go beyond what we'd other be motivated to do.

Mi Thoughts said...

I wrote this big rebuttal. Then, I realized it's over art, which is a framed piece of disagreement

I'm glad someone likes the birds.

Post a Comment