Pages

Nov 24, 2008

Refloat

They call resmoothing the eye flap after LASIK surgery a "refloat." Tomorrow, I have to suffer through a refloat. They have to cut my eye again, and I'm dreading it. The first time it was insufferable, the pain was so intense I had to take 4 sleeping pills after the surgery just to fall asleep. My eye are watering just remembering.

My doc, (who shall remain nameless despite my desire to punch him in his oops-I-couldn't-get-the-first-incesion-right-let's-cut-into-that-eye-again face), says my eye suffered an allergic reaction during the first surgery, which is the root of these problems. Didn't know an eye could have an allergic reaction to LASIK? Neither did I. Doc was shocked too, informing me he's seen it only once in over ten thousand LASIK procedures.

Lucky me.

Now, prior to surgery he has me on multiple meds, hoping it'll alleviate the reaction. That's all we can do, cross our fingers and hope. And, I am hoping, because I'd rather be waterboarded then lie in absolute darkness again feeling that pain completely alone. I just wanted to rip my eye out.

The worst part is knowing it might happen again, and I can't do anything.

Thanks for letting me whine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment